Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Paris - Two Weeks Later (A Day in the Suburbs)

It started out to be an unstructured, unplanned day but turned out to be a day spent with my friends, Vicki and Joseph, in the suburbs. In the morning Joseph helped me with on-line train reservations for my upcoming trip to Strausbourg. Then when he discovered I didn't have a printer, it was agreed that I'd make a trip to their home and he would print out the ticket confirmation for me.



I boarded the RER train at 10:30 am and 40 minutes later Vicki was picking me up at the metro station close to their house. We had a delightful lunch and then went to Carrefour for some shopping. I intended to buy a jacket or coat but Vicki generously offered to loan me one of hers. I wore it all day. You will soon see me wearing it in many pictures as the weather is cold and it will be part of "my uniform" until the days begin to warm.


What a special treat it was to have a tour of Les Pyramides - Une Oasis de Bien-Etre! It is a beautiful country club facility which includes a fitness center, golf, tennis, swimming (in doors and outdoors), restaurant, and a beauty salon to name a few. Vicki and her family have been members for years and she has invited me to be her guest once my visitors leave. We plan to spend a day there working out and enjoying the facilities. I've never seen anything like it. Take a look at their website: www.les-pyramides.com.




Vicki's daughter, Sarah, helped select a gift for Paige and helped me with an outfit for myself. Nice pants, sweater and what would the outfit be without a French scarf!!! We had lots of fun shopping together. She is the same age as Jessica (12) and such a beautiful girl both inside and out. Now I know why her parents love spending time with her. She and Vicki will be flying to the States at the end of June for a visit with Vicki's family. In fact, they leave the same day as I do--June 30th!



Walking to the train this morning, a French-speaking man stopped and asked me for directions. I took that as a sign that I'm looking like one of the locals these days! You'll have to guess whether I was able to answer him.


Good night to all of you who are reading this blog.

Much love, Judy




No comments:

Post a Comment