Thursday, May 6, 2010

Paris One Week Later


Home Sweet Home!

Now I'm feeling settled in on avenue de wagram. The computer works, the iPhone finally is getting service, the refrigerator and freezer are filled, the washer no longer takes four hours and I can now honestly say, "Life is good!"

Thanks to Connie we have explored Paris as I never expected in such a short period of time. Yesterday we were in the Latin Quarter searching out a divine candy store that she had read about on the internet. The owner let Connie take Isabel to the bathroom in her residence which was attached to this quaint little shop. Not only that, but she then walked us to a good restaurant in the area. The lady must have been 70 years old with two long braids and a plaid pleated skirt. She looked like she might be warming up to yodel!!! Did I hear that the French were not friendly? No you didn't hear that from me.
Connie and Isabel leave for the states in the morning. It's an understatement to say I will miss them. This has been the most time I've ever spent with Isabel and it's been an unforgettable experience. She has enjoyed everything this city has had to offer from the parks to the carousels to the French bread and food, the fashion and the language. Paris loves Isabel and Isabel loves Paris! She's modeling the new French dress I bought her today. Very cute, Isabel!!!
So the next few days will be a time for me to venture out on my own and slow the pace down a bit. I'm pretty confident that I have the metro system down pat. Time will tell, right?
It seems to be that magical hour--past midnight--that I say goodnight to my dear friends and family in the good old U.S.A. Enjoy what the day has yet to bring and keep in close touch. Aside from all the joy, I still miss home.
Love, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment