Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 22 - Three Weeks in Paris!







Hi All,

It feels so good to look at the clock and see that it's 10:15 pm and I'm actually getting started on my blog.

First the good news! The cooking class "A Taste of Italy - Risotto" was fabulous at Le Cordon Bleu. Grade: A+ (inside joke here but to get an A++ you have to be incredibly remarkable in every way). The class was from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm and we made two different risottos--salmon risotto with mushrooms, light truffle sauce and seasonal creamy risotto with asparagus. Lara, this detail is for you! Chef Frederic Lesourd was a true professional, quite a delight and fun, fun, fun! We learned so much (the proper way to chop onions, poach salmon, etc.) and the food was absolutely delicious. We boxed up our food and taxied home to enjoy an evening meal here. We had all three meals here at the apartment today. It's really great to be able to eat here when we feel like it and it helps on the pocketbook, too!

Darlene and Marti just asked me to join them for a walk after dinner to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysses but since I had just put on my nightgown, I decided to stay put. It's a lovely Springtime evening in Paris. The temperature has been about 75 degrees during the day and just lovely!

The bad news is that my iPhone is missing (either lost or stolen--I don't know which). It's a long story but for those of you who call me in Paris on occasion, unfortunately I won't be available. I've put a "suspension" on my phone and will deal with what to do tomorrow. Again, Joseph has been helping me with my problems while in Paris if and when they arise. He is a jewel--and perhaps a national treasure!!! My apartment number is 01 40 54 97 16 just in case you need to get in touch with me in the near term.

So I won't be falling into bed at 3:30 am like I did this morning, I will sign off now and say how much each and every one of you mean to me.

Love, Judy

1 comment:

  1. Ok I am now almost caught up on your blog:) I am reading kind of backwards. Not surprising for me.
    I am so sorry about your phone!!!! That sucks, but being the trooper you are I can tell it isn't fazing you much. Good for you.
    I miss you and Paris
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete