Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 31 - Parisian Art


Greetings,

As promised, here is a picture of the bronze sculpture I bought yesterday.

The waiter at my neighborhood cafe likes to sing "I Believe I Can Fly" so one night I downloaded the song on my iPhone from iTunes and played it for him when he brought l'addition (the bill)! So tonight, the last night here with Marilyn and Louise, we went to Le Royal Pereire for dinner and all of a sudden what seemed to being coming from nowhere, I hear "I Believe I Can Fly" from le garcon, Gustavo.

Walking to dinner we passed these rental bicycles which can be seen all over Paris. You can rent them at one location and drop them off at another location. It seems like a great idea to me. Close by there is a machine where you swipe your credit card or pay your money.


What a lovely day today, cool and pleasant for walking around Paris. We shopped a little at Montmarte and while Marilyn and Louise went to see the Opera House, I took Bus #30 back to the apartment. From there I walked the streets looking at all the antiques and various wares for sale. It was a gigantic weekend display of everything imaginable (that's where I bought the sculpture yesterday).



After a delicious salmon dinner with wine, we strolled leisurally back to avenue de wagram. We fixed our hair with various scarves, barettes, and tried on hats and necklaces just talking and laughing while being creative in front of the mirror.

After today I will be alone for a week until my friend, Sharon, arrives on June 8. I have cooking classes both at Ritz Paris and Le Cordon Bleu to occupy some of my spare time. Next weekend I am going to Andre's home for a get together with friends. Andre is the French student who lived with me in the condo for one summer many moons ago. He's now 45 and married with four children. To our suprise, he lives very close to Vicki and Joseph.

Goodnight all, sweet dreams.

Love, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment