Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blustery Day 6







It was a crisp, cool Autumn-like day in Paris! Connie, Isabel and I were out for 11 hours starting our day at 11:00 am and ending at 10:00 pm. Other than several transfers on the metro, we walked and talked and walked some more. What a brilliant decision I made to bring the shoes I wore every day to work and my new work out shoes. First stop was the Cite des Sciences et de l'Industrie--packed with interactive exhibits for children.

Last night we all watched Julia and Julia on my laptop and couldn't get Julia Child's beef bourguignon out of our minds. The restaurant where we had breakfast said they only make it when the sun is not out. Since the sun was shining when we left, so we had little hope they'd be preparing beef bourguignon for dinner. Around dinner time when we returned to our last metro stop, we took a chance and stopped by but no beef bourguignon. Tomorrow maybe our lucky day depending on the weather.

As cold as it was today, it didn't stop us from going half way across Paris to the Ile St. Louis, a small island known for their ice cream, among other things. We each had a scoop of the famous Berthillon ice cream. Never have we tasted such creamy, delicately flavored ice cream. We ordered something like "caramel beurresel" which translates to caramel with butter and salt. It had a sweet and ever-so-slight salty taste; truly made for the Gods! This has been on the "must go" list of many of my visitors and now I know why.

It's 12:30 am and time to say "bon nuit mes amies."

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy, Don't know how I missed this "comments" box before but it is easy.
    So I see Connie was wearing "jeans" I couldn't check out her shoes but she did have what looked like "levis" or similar . . .

    Your pictures are great and your journey sounds wonderful - I see the joy and delight in your face - your eyes and smile - looking forward to seeing you soon.

    with love and gratitude,
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete