Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 28 - Cooking Class No. 4


Hi!

It rained almost all day today and the temperature has dropped. This is my kind of weather. We went to the Louvre Museum to purchase a new iPhone for me (one of two places in Paris that sells them from what I understood). I now have a French phone number for the next month and I'm back to being connected to my world back home. You can see how happy I am to finally have this resolved. By the way, the iPhone in France costs about 517 Euros or approximately $700 USD. That's about twice what I paid for mine in the States.

Cooking at the Ritz Paris was again an interesting experience. We made espuma, a dessert with caramel, raspberries, and a crumb topping which I could never properly describe since the base of it is dried mushrooms. Yes, mushrooms!!!



We have to leave at 5:45 am tomorrow to catch a taxi and meet our tour group at 7:00 am for an all day outting to Mont Saint Michel, so I will say goodnight for now.

Love, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment