Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 29 - Le Mont Saint-Michel



Hello friends, family and neighbors!

This was my first guided bus tour since I arrived in Paris a month ago. We met at 7:00 am at the tour office on rue de rivoli for an outting to Mont Saint Michel. It's a five hour drive EACH way and we returned to Paris at 9:00 pm. As you can see from the first picture, it was a beautiful day and the countryside driving to Normandy was simply gorgeous. Those are cows laying in the field in case you were wondering!

Mont Saint-Michel is a rocky tidal island and a commune in Normandy, France. It is located approximately a half mile off the country's north coast, at the mouth of the Couesnon River near Avranches. The population of the island is 41.

On the bus, sitting in front of Louise and me, was a very friendly, vivacious woman from Shanghai named Daisy. Getting to know her was a highlight of my day. She spoke english beautifully and was gracious enough to compliment me on my Chinese mandarin! Daisy has travelled the world as a result of her work as an engineer and we had so many things in common. I wouldn't be surprised if our paths cross again in the future--either in Los Angeles or Shanghai. She has a 12 year old daughter and as you all know, I have a 12 year old granddaughter (can't forget Paige at age 9 and Isabel at age 6-1/2) so we had much to talk about. (See picture of Daisy and Helene, our tour guide.)



Louise and Marilyn are taking a boat ride down the Seine River now--it's 11:00 pm--but I chose to taxi home rather than join them. Four times in one month is just a bit too much "bateaux mouches" for me. So here I am writing my blog and spending a few quiet moments to catch up.

So many of your have sent me emails and I thank you for that. Today I heard from Jeri, my neighbor in Burbank and it made me so happy to hear from her (thanks, Jeri!). All is well on Sunset Canyon Drive!!

Love, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment