Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saturday Night in Paris







What an adventure tonight turned out to be! I was in the apartment most of the day, so at 7:00 pm I decided to venture out and find Le Cordon Blue. As most of you know, I will be taking many cooking classes there and thought it wise to check out the location ahead of time. It's a 40 minute metro ride way across town and everything went well. At least I thought it did until I realized that I exited at the wrong station. Well both stations started with a "V"--Volontaires vs. Vaugirad.
While trying to orient myself, I came across an open market where I stopped and bought some cheese and bread. Then I found a Monoprix store which sells a little bit of everything. With lots of help I found speakers for my laptop (Philips - portable and powerful), electrical outlet adapters, toothpaste and bubble bath. It's so much fun to shop when you don't have a clue what anything is. Is it bubble bath or is it shampoo or maybe it's shower gel?
It started to rain (yep, umbrella in backpack) and it was dark but VOILA! I found Le Cordon Bleu. I checked my iPhone and it was 9:45 pm. Funny but true! As I ventured back to the metro station, I decided I deserved a glass of Bordeaux so with rain coming down quite heavily, I went into Cafe Dupont for shelter and a drink. I unlocked my apartment door at 11:15 pm. I was quite pleased that I was able to navigate my way around the streets of Paris alone. This trip required changing metro trains too! All in all, it was a great experience.
My next guest arrives on Sunday so the pace with pick up for the next week. But I'll be in touch with you via my blog. I've heard from so many of you and I cannot tell you how much it means to have an email or a comment or two when so far away.
Much love and a Happy Mother's Day on Sunday to all of you "Moms!"
Love, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment