Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 53

Greetings,

Last night, the Fete de Musique, was wonderful; in fact, so interesting that I didn't get home until after 1:00 am. It started at 8:30 pm with a concert at a small church in Maisons Lafffitte, a village close to where Vicki and Joseph live. The music was both in English and French and rather easy for someone like me to understand.



After the concert I took the train back into Paris and exited right by the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysses. The street scene was amazing--at midnight the sidewalks were packed with people and the Champs Elysses bumper to bumper with cars waving flags, honking and participating in the merriment of the First Day of Summer. I had my first hamburger since arriving in Paris. Yes, at McDonalds!


I'm writing this blog the morning after the Fete de Musique. I had to be up early to let the radiator repair man in at 8:00 am. It's now 10:00 am and I'll watch Larry King in an hour, then head out for Rue de Rivoli where I'll join a 5-hour bus tour of Giverny, the home of Monet.

The cool June temperatures are about to end. Each day this week it gets warmer and warmer ending on Sunday with 80 degrees. The local people are happy to have summer finally arrive.

Ciao,

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment