Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 52

Hi All,

Back home to my little apartment on Sunday evening after spending the night at Vicki and Joseph's.

Last night I took the train to Le Visinet/Le Pecq at 8:00 pm. Vicki and family picked me up at the train station and we went to Pierre and Bobbie's for a BBQ. It was a special night for celebration with fireworks and music. It was called something like Fete de Marguerite or Festival of Flowers. Whatever it was, it was fabulous. We had dinner, a group of about 12 adults and as many kids, and then this "show" started around 10:00 pm once it got dark. I've seen many fireworks displays but this took the prize!!! The fireworks were synchronized to the music and the music was just great. It had to do with Quebec which I understand is a sister city of the little town where we were. People came from all around but we were lucky that the show was right in the front yard of our hosts! Here's a picture of Eric, 16 year old son of Vicki and Joseph, taken at the party.


THE PARTY'S OVER!


It was 3:00 pm when I went to bed. Up at 10:00 am for a full day of fun at Vicki and Joseph's. Andre stopped by for about an hour to bring a bottle of Hennessy Cognac for me to give to Joseph as a thank you for all he's done during my stay in Paris. (Andre is the International Director of Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy.)



Tomorrow will be a big day as it is the longest day of the year which is cause for a huge celebration throughout France. The streets of Paris will ring with music all night long. I don't know if I'm going to stay in Paris and walk the streets partaking in the festivities or go out to Vicki and Joseph's for a musical event.

Whatever I do, I'll be sure to get a good night's sleep tonight.

With that I'll send my love and a good night to you all!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment