Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 36 - All About Cooking


Hi All,

Check-in time at Le Cordon Bleu was 8:30 am for a light breakfast followed by six hours of pastry (tart) making. There were 12 students and one lively instructor--Chef Xavier Cotte! Not only was it a fun-filled day but also a day of honing our baking skills and learning the art of tart making.

After class one of the the students from Venzuela shared a taxi with me since that was the only reasonable way of getting our fruit tart home undisturbed. After arriving home, I packed my suitcase with special ingredients and took the train to Vicki and Joseph's. I was anxious to try out my new recipe for Vegetable Risotto with Pan Fried Baby Squid and that's exactly what I did. Vicki and I shopped for the missing ingredient--baby squid--and found it at a local fish market. After all the chopping, dicing, cleaning and prep work, the dish was finished and we enjoyed a delightful dinner at 10:00 pm. And, of course, we had fruit tart made by Yours Truly for dessert along with a bottle of champagne. Joseph was kind enough to drive me home and we said good night at 12:30 am.

Despite the hot and humid weather, I had a great day!

Go Lakers!!!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment