Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 33






Hello All,

At 10:00 am I was on Bus #84 headed toward Place de la Concorde to visit the Musee de l'Orangerie. This was unusual for me to be out this early in the morning. I hadn't yet had a cup of coffee, but I was determined to arrive at the museum early before the crowds arrived.

Pictures today include a remarkable concentration of masterpieces exhibited at the museum. Monet's water lilies are the featured attraction, but I enjoyed seeing the impressionist paintings of Renoir, Cezanne, and Matisse even more than the water lilies.



My other inspiration for the day was to go to the Poncelet Open Market on the way home and buy ingredients to make Vegetable Risotto with Pan Fried Baby Squid, the dish we made at the Ritz Paris yesterday. At least that was my plan. I bought the ingredients in the wrong order--vegetables, no problem. Risotto rice and heavy cream, no problem. But when it came to finding baby squid, I came up empty handed. There was a stall that had more fish than one could ever imagine, but apparently no squid. My search will continue tomorrow. If all else fails, I'll call the Ritz and see what they have to say.

There are so many frommage stores (cheese) around Paris. I thought I'd show you a bit of what they have to offer.


The nanny on the second floor of this building went with me this afternoon to a beauty salon across the street to assist in making an appointment for me. This is where her employer gets her hair cut and colored. Cost: 92 euros which is about what I'd pay in the states. Tomorrow at 11:00 am. Wish me luck!

Love, Judy

1 comment:

  1. Judy, if you come back to this same area, you might like to get a very nice haircut with Bernard (Bare nar) at the salon in the next block from my Villa Monceau apartment. The shop sign is simply "Coiffure", and I believe we have only paid about $35 euros. This time, when he gave me my "new hair" cut, he didn't even let me pay! Very sweet, friendly man.
    - Wendy

    ReplyDelete